Answering a Reader Question #469

Robert Speciale Wrote:

If I go directly to an open call in an "X" agency, should I bring with me, snapshots or my own portfolio with professional and different kinda of pictures? Even though I'm just giving my first step to start my career. -- If I go to an open call, what the agency expects to see from me? Can I bring all my pictures, composite card or snapshots? or nothing? I'm really confused, and my anxiety is going worse because of that. Thanks!

Hey Robert!

First thing's first: breathe! LOL.

If you have a portfolio with professional images already established, bring that to the open call BUT ALSO bring your snapshots. Agencies prefer to see snapshots but will also view any professional images you may have. Your portfolio should only contain photos that reflect the type of modeling an agency could realistically market you for. So for example, if you're too short to do high fashion modeling, don't have high fashion themed pictures in your portfolio.

The snapshots will be the most important materials because it shows a true model's potential to an agency, without all the outfits, photography techniques, makeup, hair styling, etc. So make sure your snapshots are good quality.

The bottom line: bring both your snapshots and portfolio to the open calls. Sometimes agencies ask to keep snapshots (not your portfolio) so you may end up leaving those with them. If you have a comp card or headshot (not mandatory for open casting calls), you may also bring those with you and if the agency wants to keep it, they'll let you know. If they don't say anything, then don't worry about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035