Answering a Reader Question #452

Anonymous Wrote:

Question- Say if I were to sign with an agency in New York when I live a couple states south. I remember seeing something on your blog about how you'll be dormed with other models(or maybe that's for a completely different circumstance and I totally misunderstood that), so my stupid question is: would I need to find an apartment in New York?

Hey there, Anonymous!

You are correct...there is "modeling housing/dorms" available for models, depending on the agency and contract agreement. This type of living arrangement is reserved for fashion/runway models (not print models--at least not that I've ever heard of). Should you get signed to an agency in New York that offers model housing, you won't have to worry about finding your own apartment in the area because the agency will take care of that for you.

However, if model housing isn't offered by the agency, then it will be your responsibility to find a place to stay at in New York. The agency may have some helpful resources to provide you with but that's not guaranteed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035