Answering a Reader Question #696

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, Dania!

I was reading through questions and answers on this page and came across this question! I'm in a similar position as this person, except I have an interview about a week later and I have applied for fit modelling. Would the agency ask this type of question to a person appling for fitting model? Because I do'n't think it's appropriate to say something about my potential etc when I'm only applying for fit modelling where they care about the body size :L I don't know how to prepare myself for the interview because since I applied for fit modelling, the agency will not ask the same questions they ask to people who applied for high fashion. I'm lost and it would be great if you could help me!! 

Thank you so much!!

P.S I read every post on the 'Dania Denise' blog and try to do the same for 'Modelling 101'! I admire and look up to you! 

Hi, Anonymous!

Thank you SO much for the kind words...you brought a huge smile to my face today. :-D

Alright, let's get to your question. The interview you'll probably experience will more than likely be similar to an interview that a print model would have.

In past interviews, I've been asked what my hobbies where, what modeling experience I had (if any), if I was in school, what I wanted to do in the future, what my schedule of availability was like, etc. Pretty basic stuff. Aside from that, the most important part for you as a potential fit model, would be getting a full set of measurements taken while you're at the agency office.

During that same interview I described above, I was then taken to a back room with a female staff member who took my full measurements while in my bra and underwear. It was completely private and she wrote down all of my stats. Even though I was interviewing for commercial/print, agencies almost always do full measurements and will submit their models for fit work if their stats match what the client is looking for--even if that model wasn't originally interested in fit modeling to begin with.

That said, I don't think you have to worry really about what will be asked during your interview. They may mostly focus on your availability, ability to attend a fitting at the last minute--things that will allow them to see if you are reliable and dependable. Even if they were to ask you about any goals for modeling, there's nothing wrong with saying the truth--if you only want to stick with fit modeling, then say that. But if you are interested in exploring other types, don't be afraid to share that as well.

You never know what an agency is thinking or what moves they'll make to market you if they choose to sign you...even if it just starts out with fit modeling, there could always be the chance that a print casting (or some other type of casting) may come up that they think you'd be good for. So don't limit yourself to fit modeling just because you think that's the only thing they would see you as being ideal for.

Agencies are pretty good at this interview stuff, lol, and will know the appropriate questions to ask based on the type of modeling you are applying for. Just be honest and don't be scared to mention additional information about yourself when it comes to what you see yourself doing when it comes to modeling. If they don't think they can use you for more than fit work, so be it, that's not a bad thing but if there's a chance that they could see more potential for you, then don't deny yourself the opportunity to find out.

Either way, I'm sure you'll do great and fit modeling is a pretty easy but fun way to get paid and work with the very people who are responsible for putting out the clothes so many of us flock to the stores everyday to buy.

Comments

  1. Thank you! Your answer was really helpful! I don't feel so nervous anymore :) I'm glad that I bought a smile on your face. Thank you SO much again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're super welcome and I will keep my fingers crossed for you...best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035