Answering a Reader Question #687

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey I'm 14 years and I live in South Africa, I've always dreamed to be a V.S modelling but now at the beginning of the year I started to have white stetch marks on my butt to my hips only... And I was about to make a form for Ford modelling, I dont know if they gonna take me because I'm from S.A? Don't know what to do anymore please help!

Hi, Anonymous!

Because you just started noticing your stretch marks the first thing you need to do is start treating them...buy all natural 100% cocoa butter and start applying it to the area where the marks are at least 1-2 times a day. While it isn't possible to get rid of stretch marks completely, if you start working on them while they're still new you can prevent them from getting worse, which will go a long way as you get older.

At 14 you aren't old enough to even be considered for VS so even if you applied to Ford, you wouldn't be considered for that kind of work until you turn 18. There isn't a Ford office in South Africa that I'm aware of so I wouldn't recommend that you submit to Ford in the US or any other country unless you are willing and able to move there if they are interested in signing you.

If you got a reply from Ford, inviting you for an interview, you would be responsible for paying all the costs, from the airfare to where you would stay and transportation. Ford would not cover these expenses. So if you know you cannot afford such a trip, then you shouldn't submit to them. However, if money isn't an issue then go ahead and submit online and send your snapshots. Ford and other big agencies sign models from other countries all the time but you'd have to be able to pay your way. I doubt being in South Africa would be an issue for them if you have a look they really like and want to work with.

Why not try submitting to the agencies in South Africa? There are a handful of really good ones. They also have connections with agencies in the USA and other countries, which means there would be the possibility of them being able to send you for modeling work overseas. I find that it is much easier for models to get agency representation in their home country first and then have the agent make the arrangements to try and get the model work internationally instead of the models trying to submit directly to agencies in other countries.

International agencies work together often and benefit from being able to use each other's models so I definitely recommend sending your snapshots to the big agencies in South Africa, starting your career there to gain experience and then seeing what opportunities are available for you to travel for modeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035