Answering a Reader Question #691

Michelle Wrote:

Hi Dania,

I've been debating this recently and I'm wondering what you think. Since Miami is a seasonal market, what times of the year would an aspiring model have the best chance at getting signed? Or how early before the season are agencies interested in new models/how late DURING the season is too late. I know timing is everything!! ;) 

Looking forward to reading your thoughts! 

Hi, Michelle!

Each market operates differently as far as what times of the year agencies prefer to sign on new models and since Miami is very different from the San Francisco market where I'm based, I can't exactly say for sure what time of the year would be best for you.

Clients actually book models for work during off seasons (i.e. shooting winter clothes in the summer and summer clothes in the fall/winter because it's cheaper) but since Miami tends to be fairly warm all year round, things may not work the same way there as they do in other markets.

I would say just submit yourself regardless of the season. If the seasons mattered that much in terms of signing new models then I'm sure the agencies would state something on their websites that said when the best time would be.

In my opinion, anytime is the best time, lol. So don't over think it, just submit or attend open calls and see what happens. Timing is everything but at the same time sometimes it's all about going with the flow and submitting if you feel you're ready to.

Comments

  1. Thanks! I wasn't quite ready to go for it now because I have a great internship I'm committed, but I realized maybe waiting till summer would be silly as it would be "off season" here in FL. I'll take your advice and just go when I feel ready regardless of the month! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome and I wish you the best of luck! Don't hesitate to shoot over any more questions if you have them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035