Answering a Reader Question #448

Darian Wrote:

hey Dania, your blog really helps me understand modeling. I am 14 years old and I am 5'4 1/2, My family says I am going to grow more. I applied for ford modeling, and I am really nervous, I dont really know if they will take me. Any advice? Im sorry that its not really a question.

Hey, Darian!

Glad my blog has helped you with figuring out this crazy modeling business, lol.

You're still young and at your height, you'd be ideal for teen and/or commercial/print modeling. If the Ford Models office in your area has either or both of those divisions, then you definitely have a shot. Not all of the Ford offices/locations represent the same kinds of models. It's normal to be nervous but it's pretty much a 50/50 shot so it could go either way.

If you don't hear back from Ford after about 6-8 weeks, then it's a pretty solid sign that they're not interested in your look right now but you are welcome to resubmit to them after about 6 months to 1 year so even if you don't get in now, that doesn't mean the door to Ford is shut to you forever.

In the meantime, I would suggest submitting yourself to other reputable agencies in your area--mainly those that represent teen models and/or commercial/print models. Good luck to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035