Answering a Reader Question #462

George M. Wrote:

Hello Dania. My question is, what is a "cover letter"? If I'm a new face and I have no experience working with agencies, modeling and stuff. What would I put on my "cover letter"?

Hi, George!

A cover letter is a very brief (1 page) document that basically allows you to introduce yourself to whoever you're writing to and explain your reason for sending them the letter. So in this case, the cover letter would be your way of formally introducing yourself to a modeling agency and letting them know that you're interested in seeking agency representation.

Below are two links to blog posts I've done about this very topic...it'll give you a better idea of how to prepare a cover letter/letter of introduction, even if you're a new model:

Tips for Writing Cover Letters to Modeling Agencies

Did You Know...#12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035