Answering a Reader Question #631

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania,

I've read about the 34-24-34 measurements and looked through the different kinds of body shape, but I couldn't find mine... I'm 31.5-24.4-29.5 (80-62-75 in cm) and my shoulders are wider than my hips. Also, my legs are skinny (except for the thighs... though there is a little space between my thighs), my arms are skinny, my stomach is quite skinny and my ribcage doesn't carry much fat. My face does, though. Also, my skin does have impurities. I have blue eyes and long brown hear and well-shaped eyebrows. My height is 5ft7" and my weight is 113 pounds. I don't know what else I could mention. Could I be a model (even though my measurements are weird and my skin on my face is a bit impure)? Thanks! xx Immastayanonymous ;) (sorry I didn't mention weight in my first comment!)


Hey there, Anonymous!

It's perfectly acceptable by agencies to be smaller than the 34-24-34 standard so no worries there. Also, at 5'7" you're actually ideal for commercial/print modeling. This type of modeling isn't strict about measurements or weight like they are with fashion and runway models. All they care about is that you are healthy in appearance.

I don't know what you mean by "impurities" as far as your skin goes. Do you mean you have blemishes? Scarring? Acne? Discoloration? A few pesky pimples? There is no such thing as "perfect" skin but as long as you have "good" skin that is healthy in appearance, having little flaws here and there won't be a huge problem. We all have bad skin days from time to time. As long as your skin is at its best when you begin submitting to agencies, you'll be fine.

So feel free to start looking at the websites of agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live that represent commercial/print models and pay attention to each one's instructions for submission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035