Answering a Reader Question #626

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania

I was wondering as a newbie male model it is obvious I have no experience. So at a casting call during the Q&A part. If asked what was my biggest project or favorite shoot I would answer truthfully and say I don't have any. How would this affect my chances of potentially landing a gig. Thank you for your time your information is very helpful.


Hey, Anonymous!

Telling the truth won't hurt your chances but it's the way you answer that question that could. Choose your words carefully. Instead of saying, "I have no experience," spin it and say something along the lines of, "I'm new to the industry..." See how that sounds a lot better and in a more positive way?

Aside from being honest about that aspect of things, follow up by talking up your selling points. You want to let potential clients know that even though you're new, you're eager to begin working with professionals and look forward to contributing your skills to projects.

Clients work with new and inexperienced models (male and female) as well as more established individuals so it wouldn't be the first time they've asked that question to somebody who is new to the industry. Keep it positive, play yourself up and if you're truly what they're looking for, your lack of experience won't be a major factor in their decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035