Answering a Reader Question #622

Rita Wrote:

HI Dania! I have posted on this blog before, and I have another question, if that is alright with you. I'm 5'9" & my measurements are 32-24-34, and a local agency actually wants to sign me! However, they asked that I cut about two inches off my hair for when I come back to talk about getting signed. I was wondering if that was an unreasonable request? Also, since I'm 17 & just starting out, should I sign with the small local agency, or keep looking? And last thing, what do I wear to a follow up interview, one in which they talk about signing a contract? Thank you for your help!

x Rita


Hi there, Rita!

Ask as many questions as you please! lol

Kudos on gaining interest from an agency for possible representation! It isn't totally unreasonable for an agency to make such a request. Two inches isn't that much (of course I don't know how long your hair is currently) but even if you end up not liking it, there's always the option of wearing extensions or simply growing it back out at a later time. It isn't a permanent thing, you know? 

Small agencies aren't any less reputable than bigger agencies. If the agency that's interested in you is legit, has a good roster of clients they've worked with and get results, they can do wonders for a new model just starting out. Just because you start with a smaller agency doesn't mean you'll be stuck with them for the rest of your career.

Over time as your skills and experience progress (and depending on how well you do) there is always the option of changing agencies if you feel that's what you want to do.

For the follow up interview business casual or dressy casual is good. Ideal clothing choices include a nice dress or skirt with a nice blouse. Heels obviously. You can wear makeup to this meeting but keep it super minimal and more of a "natural" look. But you can certainly go without makeup if you wish. Good luck with the interview, I know you'll nail it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035