Answering a Reader Question #614

Kaelynn Wrote:

Hi
I am 16 years old, 5'8, 135 lbs, and only have ear piercings.
My aunt wants me to model with her and my 5 year old cousin, and I am thinking about applying, Bt I had a tattoo design I drew that I wanted to have later. It is of tentacles (like Slenderman's) but it would only be on my back. I wouldn't mind not getting it, but I also think it would be cool to have it or if I could. What would you recommend?


Hi, Kaelynn!

Your situation all depends on how seriously you want to pursue modeling. I don't know how big you plan on the tattoo being but since it will be on your back, agencies may be fine with it if it isn't huge, you know? Going into an agency right now and getting signed without a tattoo will improve your odds of representation but should you decide later on to get the tattoo, you'll want to discuss the matter with your agent before doing anything. At that time see what their feedback is and then make a decision from there.

Remember: tattoos are forever (unless you're okay with lasering it off and even then it will leave some scarring)...so give it some time, try modeling for a while and then revisit the tattoo design later and see how you feel. If you still 100% love what you drew, talk to your agent and hopefully they'll support your decision to move forward with getting inked. If they advise against it, you'll have a very important decision to make.

Either way, do what works for you but don't rush it. You can get a tattoo anytime but a modeling career isn't an opportunity that will always be around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035