Answering a Reader Question #433

Pedro Wrote:


Loved the art :) nice portrait. :)

Diana, Should I contact the agency first or put my composite on a envelope and send to them without communicating? -- Other thing, Do I send my composite card just by itself or should I write a letter with "blah blah blah's" on it? Not really necessary, right?
--Imma send my composite and snapshots together. If I send a letter together, what should I write?

Thanks!


Hi, Pedro!

Thanks for the compliment...much appreciated! :-)

You can just send the agencies your materials, you don't have to contact them beforehand to let them know you're about to send it or anything like that. If you're mailing your submission in, it is best to submit a 1 page cover letter to go with the materials you're sending them. It's just like applying for a formal job in that sense.

Keep it simple. Introduce yourself in the letter and let them know you are writing to them with the intent of seeking agency representation. Briefly mention your strengths/assets and why you feel you would be a good fit for their agency. Make sure you provide your contact info as well.

Make each snapshot has the following info written in black ink on the back:

- Full Name
- Age
- Stats/Measurements
- Email Address
- Phone Number

Your composite card should also have that info on it but you also want to put it on the back of your snapshots in case they get separated from the other stuff in your submission.

Comments

  1. Hi, I live in NY and I am not signed and I don't have any experience...fashion week is coming up. So should I go to the shows to be scouted? There are so many people from the industry out n about soon, I feel like this is a big opportunity I can't waste. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jameson! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #545." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035