Answering a Reader Question #427

Anonymous Wrote:


I'm 14 and 510 will I ever get to 6 feet 

Hey, Anonymous!

The best person to ask that question to would be your doctor. I would recommend making an appointment for a checkup with your doctor/physician and ask him/her how tall you could potentially grow to be.

Doctors would be able to give you a more accurate answer because they would have access to your family's medical records and would be able to tell (based on how tall the people in your immediate family are) how tall you could be.

It also helps to look at the members of your family. Are your parents and siblings tall? How about your grandparents, aunts and uncles? If you notice that many of them are very tall, it could be a good sign that you will as well in the next few years. Genetics are sometimes weird though...some people end up being the tallest in a family full of shorter people and vice-versa. But in general, if height runs in your family, then it likely means you'll continue growing.

Comments

  1. Hi Dania!!

    I've wanted to be a male model for quite sometime and now that I will be moving to Chicago for college, I think its a great time to start. I'm 17 but I don't plan on starting until I'm 18 which will be this November. I'm 6'3 and while I don't have the best body in terms of washboard abs, I will working on my body between now and the time I start going to open calls. I really want to do high fashion modeling and runway. I've been doing tons of research in the Chicago area and I've come across agencies like Ford and BMG, but I know I should look at more agencies than those and so my first question is: Do know of any other respectable agencies in the area that I should think about looking into for the type of modeling I want to do? My main goal is to model full time and move to New York and so my second question is: How does one make that transition to moving into the New York market? Is it the models decision, or the agencies? Do they provide you a place to live if you are instantly sprung into New York? Thank you for your time (: P.S. I absolutely love your blog and its nice to hear info from someone that has been in the business and not just from some website that claims they know haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #430." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035