Answering a Reader Question #414

N. Pedro Wrote:


Hi Dania, Im a 5'8 guy, and Id love to do modeling. I know I deff cant do runway but im fine with that. Im very photogenic, brazilian, have a great face structure, with a wonderful jaw line, squared face shape. im tanned, got a straight hair, athletic body, great teeth and skin, i have a face very symmetric and i love my eyebrows and nose. (kinda narcissistic here lol, but im being honest.) i have a strong personality, and i dont give up on things easily. if im cute, why not working with beauty, right? and just one more thing, i have a birth mark (beauty mark) next to my superior lips, just like "marylin monroe". sometimes because of my beauty, some people judge me, and they say (some) that i have a very female beauty. i dont know if its good or bad, but i feel comfy with what i see in the mirror. oh and btw, i came from the same city of the brazilian male model "Francisco Lachowski". and now im living in Boston where Gisele Bundchen also Brazilian, is living actually. lol

well.. my question now is, do you think i could try to send comp card to those huge agencies that most of their work is just for runway/fashion modeling?

Elite/Ford they also have printing/commercial division, right?

if not, would you suggest me some agencies around here in the new england. (Boston, NYC,) I know Click Models work with some devisions not just fashion. Model Inc Club too. There are a bunch of them around the US, but i just dont know how to find them.

I know I can do works like, headshot, wearing glasses/sung. lifestyle, editorials, catalogs, commercials and printing in general, i could probably work as a fit model too. i guess id do kids/teen editorials as well, since im 19 yrs old, but people think im 15. "baby face"

im 58' 172cm , skinny waist 25, weight 120 55kg

(sorry for being too narcissistic, but im just being honest, cuz i really need to know...) im giving the first step now to start my careeer.

Thanks and Ill be anxiously waiting for your responde. God bless you. XXX


Hi, N. Pedro!

If you are a new model, you don't need a comp card or professional photos to submit yourself. Agencies, both large and small almost always request non professional, digital snapshots, which are better for them to tell a model's true potential.

If an agency only represents fashion and runway models, you don't want to waste your time sending in snapshots to them since you don't meet the criteria. Choose agencies that have commercial/print, beauty and parts modeling divisions instead. I don't think Elite has a commercial/print division but I do know that some Ford office locations do (I don't know if all of them do though).

Here are some agencies that you'll want to check out. Remember to read the submission instructions for each one and only give each agency exactly what they ask for (not all of them want the same types of photos). Attend as many open casting calls as possible to increase your chances as well:

Click Models of Boston
http://www.clickmodel.com

Dynasty Models & Talent
http://www.dynastymodels.com

Model Club, Inc.
http://www.modelclubinc.com

Hampton Models
http://www.thehamptonmodels.com

Bleep Models (Men Only)
http://www.bleepmodels.com

BMG Models - NY
http://www.bmgmodels.com

Model Service Agency, LLC  
http://www.modelserviceagency.com

Parts Models Management LLC
http://www.partsmodels.com

Best of luck to you!

Comments

  1. Hi Dania, I have two questions. 1) I'm a new model in nyc and I have a agency it's for commercial and lifestyle modeling as well as acting. It's a non-exclusive contract and I want to sign with more than one agency. The agency that I am with now I've been with them for 3months total(I haven't gone on a single casting I contacted the booker and she says she submits me for anything I fit for but casting is by request only) and my professional pics have been on there website for almost one month. My comp cards and hard copy portfolio are still in the process of being printed via them. How do I gain additional representation with another agency I want to keep the one I have and gain another one basically I want two agencies. However, I don't want to jeopardize the relationship I currently have with my agency now. If I seek additional representation and I email my pics via their website do I send professional pics or simple snapshots. Which would they prefer and do I give them my current agencies contact information too. Also if I sign with another agency would I have to have a new portfolio and pics or could they use the ones I currently have? Can I still submit to more agencies and if they agree to take me on would I then have to let my current manager know?

    2) What do you think makes someone photogenic. Why would someone look older in pictures than they do in person. Like why would someone who's 24yrs photograph like they're 30yrs but they don't look 30yrs in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #415." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035