Answering a Reader Question #408

Anonymous Wrote:


This has been extremely helpful. Do you know anything about "agencies" saying you don't need a portfolio, per se, but it all has to be put up on a CD? No matter what I have researched, nothing says anything about putting your pictures on a CD...

Hi, Anonymous! Glad my post on Portfolio/Photo Mills was of use to you. :-)

I haven't quite heard of agencies requesting portfolios on a CD but it doesn't surprise me because of the whole online/Internet approach that agencies are using nowadays. So it may be something new that not all agencies are implementing yet.

If the agency you're with or want to submit to has specific instructions on how to prepare this type of portfolio on CD, definitely follow what they say. However, if they don't provide any details about it, my best advice would be to either send an email inquiry for how to go about doing this or you could simply take hi res files of your best professional modeling images and burn them onto a blank disc to mail to them.

A similar matter that I've had to go through with my agency was to provide them with a CD of the images from my test shoots. I would drop the disc off at my agency's office and they would go through the photos and choose the best ones they wanted to use for my headshot, comp card, etc. Maybe that could also be what the agencies are referring to in your case?

I'm curious to know what you find out if you decide to contact them or end up submitting a disc of your images to them. If you don't mind, please keep my updated on how that turns out for you. I'd love to learn more about that trend and hopefully do a blog post to educate other aspiring models about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035