Answering a Reader Question #424

Erik T Wrote:


Hi Dania, when signed to a normal modeling agency, what is a normal percentage for agents off of your gigs? Also when at a job is there people for your make up and hair, or is that your responsibility? Thanks!

-Erik T


Hey there, Erik T!

According to the current industry rates, the normal percentage for agency commission is between 20% - 25%.

When you're booked a modeling assignment through your agency you almost always have a professional makeup artist, hair stylist and wardrobe person there to assist you. That's one of the main perks of agency booked gigs--you get that pampering. There may be few instances where you'll have to arrive to a gig "camera ready" but a good agent will negotiate to make sure such services are provided for you.

When freelance modeling, there is a higher chance that you will be responsible for hair, makeup and wardrobe since not all clients that use freelance models have the budgets or resources to have those things for you.

Comments

  1. Hey Dania!

    Nika again! Makeup question. Can you share with us how you prepare for the camera when you don't have an MUA? I assume you always use concealer and full coverage foundation even if you have perfect skin. I have perfect skin off and on. At this moment I am fighting dark spots and my regular foundation is not covering. I've never used concealers or full coverage foundation so I don't know where to start. Can you tell us what steps you take to prepare for the camera when you need a flawless look and what brands you use? I was looking at dermablend for concealing but I'm not sure. Oh, do you ever have to use body makeup? Thanks!

    I feel like I may need a makeup application class :( I only now how to quickly throw on my basic foundation, mascara and gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nika! You'll find the answers to your questions in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #491." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035