Answering a Reader Question #419

N. Pedro Wrote:


Dania, so snapshots are the best to impress the agencies, right? I agree with you. So that's what Im gonna do first. However, would be good for me if I had my portfolio ready? Comp cards done with some professional pictures? I mean, first of all send snapshots, then if they invite me for an interview, Ill bring with me all the rest of my material that Ive done.
What do you think?

How do I take snapshots? Prefer smiling, striking a pose, showing teeth, showing forehead (i have long hair).


Hi, N. Pedro!

Yes, snapshots are the way to go. It's okay to have your portfolio and comp cards ready as a backup if they ask for them but start with the snapshots first and then provide them with your professional images when they request them.

It is important that you have someone take your snapshots for you (no mirror photos or trying to hold the camera in one hand). Each agency's website will tell you specifically what they want you to do, whether you should pose, not pose, etc.). In general, however, it is best that you not pose or smile with teeth. Since you have long hair, you will want to pull it back into a low ponytail and keep it out of your face/forehead--this will allow the agencies to see your face and bone structure much better.

Below are examples of a French top male model's snapshots that you can use for reference (I don't mean for you to copy these exactly...make sure you follow whatever instructions the agency websites give. If they don't provide exact details then you can format your snapshots like the reference image below):


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035