Answering a Reader Question #412

Anonymous Wrote:


Do top agencies like Elite and Ford prefer models with zero experience or a year or two of experience in a smaller market?

Hi, Anonymous! Big agencies like Elite and Ford love new models with no experience, especially if they have an amazing look that they know would market well. Having no experience means working with a model on a clean slate who is easier to train and mold.

This is why it is not a mandatory requirement for new models to have previous modeling experience or even professional photos. Agencies like Ford and Elite are trained to see potential and that's why they're almost always more impressed by a new/inexperienced model's snapshots where they look plain without fancy makeup, hairstyles or photoshop effects.

However, that's not to say that a model with 1-2 years of experience from a smaller market wouldn't be of interest to them, either. But when it comes to having no experience, it doesn't count against a new model at all who has hopes of signing to a large agency.

Comments

  1. Hey Dania!

    I really want to go to New York and go to some agency open calls to try and get signed but I'm afraid they will all reject me because my height. Im 18 years old and 5'7. My measurements are on point 34-24-34 and I weigh 110. I honestly appear taller than I am but I know top agencies minimum height is 5'8 and some are even 5'9 now. I know their are exceptions in modeling for girls a little shorter in high fashion but I was wondering if their are exceptions for runway? Do you think I will have a chance at Ford, IMG, Elite, Women, Next, Marilyn, Supreme, New York, Trump, One, or Major? I know some of those do not have open calls but what agencies will be more open to having a model that has all the requirements except is 5'7? I don't want to waste my time going there if all the agencies are going to automatically reject me because my height. I also on the other hand will regret it if I don't go and try. Can you give me some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #413." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035