Answering a Reader Question #651

Emily Wrote:

hiiiiiiii,
first of all I just wanted to say I LOVE your blog I read it all the time, I was just wondering what the difference between a contact and a booker is? i'm from the UK so I don't know if they have a different name here :)
thank you
Emily xx


Hey there, Emily!

I'm glad you love my blog! :-D

I don't think there's a difference between the US's definition of a contact and a booker so here goes:

A booker is the model's point of contact at the modeling agency. This is the person who emails/calls the model with information about castings, go-sees and who tells the model where to be, what time, what to bring, wear, etc. Any questions or concerns the model may have, they contact their booker at the agency.

A contact is usually short for "contact person." In general this is used to describe who the model is supposed to meet with when they arrive for a casting or for an actual assignment.

For example, a model's booker might tell him/her that for their upcoming photoshoot, the contact is named Frank and they'll give the model Frank's contact information, which is to be used in case the model is running late, gets lost or has questions the booker cannot answer.

Comments

  1. thank you, I understand now and turns out that we call them the same thing in England :)
    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035