Answering a Reader Question #641

Lindsey Wrote:

Hey Dania!
I just want to start off by saying how much your blog has helped me. I'm going to be a supermodel, and I need all the help I can get. I have a question about my career. I want to model, record music, and act. What do you think would be the best way to go about that. My original plan was to break into the modeling industry first, and then cross over to music and acting after that. What's your opinion on what I shoud do? Thanks!


Hey there, Lindsey!

I'm so glad that my blog has been of help to you! :-)

My best piece of advice would be to seek out "talent agencies" who represent both models and actors. I don't know if you have any training with acting but if so, submit yourself as an actor and once you get representation, let your agent know you're interested in modeling as well. If you feel you'd get in quicker by applying as a model (and don't have previous acting training/experience), then do that as you had originally planned.

Either way, apply as a model or actor first to get your foot in the door at the talent agency and then mention your interest in also working in other fields of the entertainment industry to your agent and then take things from there.

Some talent agencies also represent musical artists and if the talent agencies local to you also have this division, then you'll have no problem pursuing those avenues when the time is right. However, if the talent agencies in your area mainly stick to models and actors, that's still a good step in the right direction.

It takes a lot to break into the music industry so I agree that you should go for the modeling/acting first and then get the professional guidance needed to get into music after you've gained some industry experience.

I hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck with everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035