Answering a Reader Question #574

Dez Wrote:

I'm 5'3 and appear very curvy, Not fat curvy, kim kardashian curvy. My measurements are 34 23 40 and weight is 125. I am 18. I am African American but look hispanic. Would I automatically be dismissed at an open call because of my weight and height in any market.
Thanks, Dez. 


Hi, Dez!

If you were going to an open call at a fashion and runway agency, then, yes, they would turn you away, unfortunately. While you are a few inches shy of the ideal minimum height for commercial/print (5'5"-5'7"), print agencies often make exceptions for shorter models if they really like their look.

That being said, I would recommend applying to print agencies and trying your luck that way. It couldn't hurt. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035