Answering a Reader Question #572

Jessie Wrote:

IF AN AGENCY ASK YOU TO "TELL A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF" WHAT SHOULD I SAY? LIKE WHAT ARE MY PERSONALITY TRAITS OR HOBBIES? OR SOMETHING CLEVER AND WITTY TO GRAB THEIR ATTENTION (OR WOULD THEY BE PUT OFF BY THAT)IDK Y BUT THAT QUESTION HAS ALWAYS FREAKED ME OUT AND I REALLY WANT TO MAKE SURE IF I AM EVER ASKED THAT QUESTION I COME UP WITH SOMETHING MEMORABLE AND ORIGINAL AND NOT BORING..

Hi, Jessie!

I can tell by the "all caps" how nervous that question makes you, lol.

"Tell us a little bit about yourself" is just an ice breaking type of question so they have some idea as to who you are. Are you a student? Do you have a job? What are your hobbies? This kind of information gives them a better sense of what you're at in your life.

You don't have to come up with some clever or witty reply. Keep it concise and brief. 2-3 sentences should be plenty if you're asked this question on an agency application. Don't over analyze the answer or else you'll end up going insane, lol. Provide an answer that is true to yourself and don't be afraid to mention what I like to call "fun facts."

For example, if you're in college, add a bit more detail that would make your answer stand out more. Mention what you're studying in college. Reading something like, "I'm currently in college working on my degree in Creative Writing" is going to stand out more to an agency compared to, "I'm in college."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035