Answering a Reader Question #562

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey Dania!
I have a quick question!
I'm 164cm right now and know that I won't grow anymore. I want to become a fit model and did some research, but I couldn't really find any good information. So can you please tell me:
1.what exactly a fit model does (all the website tells me different things)? Also advantages and disadvantages.
2.Do I have to be taller than 164cm to be a fit model? Do I have to be skinny? (as in is there a specific weight I have to be?)
3. I live in Brisbane, Australia. Can you please list some GOOD agencies for fit modelling?

I know I'm asking a lot...but it would be really great and wonderful if you could answer these questions!!

I love reading your blog and I always read every post you make!! Thank you so much for the work you put in this blog and thank you in advance for answering my questions!


Hi there, Anonymous!

You're so sweet, thank you for being a reader of my blog...I appreciate you! :-) Okie dokie, let's get to your questions:

To answer your concerns about fit modeling and what it is, here is a link to my blog post about the topic:

Fit Modeling

Companies that use fit models are in need of all heights, as well as shapes and size. So you don't have to be runway tall in order to be considered. Many companies need fit models that are the same height as the average consumer, which is who they are selling their merchandise to. You don't have to be super skinny, either. In fact, many casting calls I see online these days for fit models ask for larger sizes in terms of bust, waist and hips (for females).

When clients post castings for fit models, they'll list specific requirements, which include the heights, weight ranges and specific measurements needed. Fit models must be within at least a half inch of the measurements listed. If a person is larger or smaller then they do no qualify and cannot submit themselves. But the good news is that many different companies hire for a variety of sizes so there is always an opportunity for a fit model to find a gig they meet the criteria for.

I'm not super familiar with the Australian market but I did look up the websites of agencies in your area. They don't specifically state that they work with fit models but in most cases, agencies do submit their models for fit work even if it doesn't say so directly on the website.

My advice would be to call the agencies listed below to ask if they do have fit models and what the requirements are to submit yourself if they do represent this division. Usually I advise not contacting agencies with questions but this is a special situation that you're trying to get info about that isn't available on their websites so it is okay to call them (you should call instead of emailing to get a faster answer):

Division Model Management
http://www.divisionmodelmanagement.com.au

Vivien's Models
http://www.viviensmodels.com.au/

Busy Models
http://www.busymodels.com

Dallys Models
http://www.dallysmodels.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035