Answering a Reader Question #569

North Wrote:

Hello, I've always dreamed of modeling for VS but it was never possible because of my height. But, recently I went through a growth spurt, I'm 5'9" and 15 years old. Facial structure and attributes are not an issue. However my body measurements are 36-27-37, are there any tips, diets, or exercises to help decrease my size HEALTHILY? Also are VS models expected to be tan brunettes with straight/wavy hair? because I would hate to have my ivory skin and wavy/curly white blonde hair set me back in this industry.

Hi, North!

Right now you're 15-years-old and your body still has some growing to do. Chances are you'll shed that baby fat by the time you're 18 and old enough to qualify for VS (I'm using the term "baby fat" lightly as a saying so please don't think I'm calling you fat, lol).

In the meantime, you will want to make sure that you eat right--lots of fruits and veggies. Make water your best friend. Cutting out or drastically cutting back on sodas, coffee, energy drinks and other beverages high in sugar and/or caffeine is a good habit to include as well. Also decrease the amount of fried and salty foods you consume...those are all guilty of making you bloated and retaining extra water weight.

As far as exercises go, below are links I found that may help you out:

Hip Slimming Exercises - LIVESTRONG

Waist Slimming Exercises - LIVESTRONG

VS models don't all have to be tan brunettes with straight/wavy hair. There are a handful of VS models that have blonde and dirty/blonde hair (Karolina Kurkova, for example). Porcelain beauties are in demand in the fashion industry in general and if you have everything else VS likes, I don't see any reason why you couldn't be a future model for that company.

Of course, there is more to modeling than working for Victoria's Secret so even if you didn't make the cut, you'd still be ideal for fashion magazines, editorial advertisements, runway shows, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035