Answering a Reader Question #566

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello!

I was signed to an agency when I was 16, which long story short, lead to a whole plethora of problems - lost a lot of weight because I was shy about going in for my first photos, rebounded, gained A LOT of weight and consequently have the stretch marks to prove it! I'm losing the weight again now (I'm almost 19 now though)and I hope to be able to go back in soon and continue where I left off.. but my hip stretch marks and the ones on the backs of my knees really get me down. They are mostly white now but I'm dying to know if there's anything at all that'll help to make them as faint as possible?! I realise they're never going to completely dissapear but will they shrink or fade?

If anyone has any information on anything that works?!

Thank you!


Hey, Anonymous!

The good news is that stretch marks on those areas of your body can be easily concealed with body makeup or even airbrushed out in Photoshop. Unless you're planning on doing a lot of swimwear work, those parts of your body aren't always as visible so there are ways to work around it. Of course I do understand your frustration about having them at all and the desire to get rid of them.

Aside from diligently applying products like pure cocoa butter to those areas daily to try and help them fade over time, I would recommend making an appointment with a dermatologist, who has the expertise, insight and ability to possibly prescribe you a product that could be a solution to your issue.

It should be noted, however, that when stretch marks are white, that is a sign that they're old and it's much more difficult to fade them when they've already been there for a long time. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to shrink them...at least as far as I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035