Answering a Reader Question #570

Anon Wrote:

Dania,

I've recently started signing with other agencies in other cities, however, my mother agency has been "taking their time" in getting back with these agencies . Months have passed and I'm afraid these agencies may have loss their excitement. I wanted to know if I am allowed to contact my other agencies by my self and not have to go through my mother agency??

Thanks.
Anon. 


Hi there, Anon!

From a business standpoint, it is not wise to contact the other agencies yourself. The first thing you should do--if you haven't done so already--is contact your mother agent to get an update on things. Let them know you're "checking in" to see where things stand with the other agencies. Then see what they say.

It's okay to express your concern to the mother agency and let them know you're eager to start attending castings and booking work. If it seems like they're giving you the run around or if there is still no progress after your conversation, then you'll want to look at your contract to find out exactly what your rights are and what options are available to you, as far as seeking new representation goes.

Comments

  1. Hi, I was wondering what agencies you suggest in Pittsburgh PA? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #576." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035