Answering a Reader Question #509

Girly Geek Wrote:

I'm 11 and i have great pretty long brown hair and a sparkling smile and i want to know should i be a model?

Hi, Girly Geek!

I'm afraid I can't answer that question for you. That is a decision you have to make for yourself. As I'm sure you know, it takes more than looks to become a successful model. It takes hard work, determination, being able to handle rejection and competing against a lot of other girls that want the same thing you do. Not to mention that even if you're 11, you'll be treated like a young adult and expected to behave as such. Sure, it's fun but it's also work and a job, especially if you get an agent to represent you.

You're still very young and at your age so you've got plenty of time to see if modeling is something you want to do. Learn a bit more about the industry, read more of my blog posts to get a better understanding of what modeling involves and talk to your parents to see what they think. Since you're underage, you won't be able to do anything related to modeling without their support and approval.

So do your homework about modeling and ask yourself what goals would you have if you did get into it: do you want to just do it for fun, to make money, to try and be famous? What about school? Would you be okay with missing classes? Would your parents approve? What about college? Do you want to model part-time or full-time as a career?

These are just a handful of things to take into consideration before taking the plunge.

Comments

  1. Hi Dania!
    I recently found your blog while searching for modeling advice. I have a few questions to ask you and am wondering how to contact you. Is there an email or should I ask my questions here in the comments? Lol sorry if there's something I'm missing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You can choose to post your questions in the form of a comment on any of my blog posts or you can email me directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com. :-)

    Any messages sent via email will not be published to my blog in the Answering a Reader Questions series to maintain your privacy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035