Answering a Reader Question #503

Katie Wrote:

Hi Dania! (:
So I'm 13, 5'11, 34B, and weigh 115 pounds.
I'm confident in myself, and my looks, and I was just wondering what kind of work I could do at my age to build up my experience, since I really have *no* idea where to start.
I live in Canada, so anything in or around New York is out of the question for now.
Thank you! (:


Hi, Katie!

Oh my goodness, being 5'11" at 13...the agencies are going to LOVE you! :-)

I would definitely suggest sending in snapshots (non professional images taken with a digital camera) to fashion and runway agencies in Canada. You don't need previous experience, training or a portfolio established in order to be considered for agency representation. Snapshots will get your foot in the door.

Once signed, your agent will take care of the rest, as far as setting up your first test shoot (the majority of experience building is hands-on and takes place during the test shoot) and sending out your pictures to give you exposure. From there, they'll start sending you out on casting calls and before you know it, you'll be modeling!

If you need help finding legit Canadian agencies to submit to, I'll need to know what area you live in (not your mailing address or anything). Then I'll be able to give you a list of the names and websites of each agency and from there you'll be able to see what the requirements are, what types of photos to send, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035