Answering a Reader Question #853

AlyssaN Wrote:

Hi Dania. My name is Alyssa and I just turned 24. I was signed with Elite models for high fashion modeling when I was younger, but I became sick and was unable to follow through even though I had people in New York interested in me. My question is, knowing I have the right look, am I still too old to get work?

Hi there, Alyssa!

Being 24 in the NYC market is past the age maximum for a majority of high fashion agencies. I don't know that you'd be readily considered by those same agencies for high fashion and runway BUT you may be considered by those same agencies for their lifestyle and commercial/print divisions.

Although print modeling is typically known to be for "shorter" models, in markets like New York many agencies require their print models to be the same height as their runway models. So that is common. I would suggest contacting Elite and letting them know you were on their roster when you were younger and see if that can get your foot in the door a bit faster for them to at least invite you to an interview. But I would also suggest submitting to other agencies as well to increase your chances.

I say you should still definitely give modeling a shot since the commercial/print and lifestyle categories are realistic possibilities for you if the high fashion world isn't.

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035