Answering a Reader Question #848

K.A. Wrote:

Hi I'm K.A. from mongolia. First of all, thank you so much for this blog. It's really helpful. :) 
Okay, so.. I'm moving to Cyprus next year. And I really want to be a model, especially a runway model. And I'm just seeking about it through the Internet. I'm 15 now so when I move to Cyprus I'll turned to be 16. My measurements are 75cm, 57cm, 77cm (29; 22; 30 inch) and my height is around 5,5 (I guess) and weight is 45kg (I guess). Are my measurements compatible or am I too skinny to start modelling? (by the way I never get fat by eating) If I'm too skinny, should I do fitness to gain more weight and to fill my body? And will I be able to grow tall anymore and do a runway? And is there any top modelling agency in Cyprus or isn't there? And how do I start modelling industry? 
I'm sorry for too many questions, and I'm really looking forward to hear reply from you. Thanks a lot :)

Hi, K.A.!

You're very welcome, I'm happy that you've found my blog to be useful!

Based on your height and measurements you are ideal for teen and commercial/print modeling. Those are the types of agencies you'll want to look for when you move to Cyprus. Do not try to alter your weight or change your body unnecessarily.

You are already on the slim side so if you have a naturally fast metabolism that keeps you skinny you shouldn't try to force your body to be something it is not. Plus you may not be done growing yet and trying to manipulate your weight and size could end up disrupting the natural growth and development of your body, which you definitely don't want.

As far as your potential to grow taller, I have no way of knowing that. The main way to figure that out is to look at your family. If height is common then chances are you'll still have more growing to do. If the majority of your family members are on the shorter side, then you may end up reflecting that instead.

It couldn't hurt to make an appointment with your doctor to have him/her do an overview of your family genes/history to see if height is a common factor or not. That would be the most effective way of knowing for sure.

I'm not familiar with the modeling market out in Cyprus but from the brief online research I did, it doesn't seem to be very plentiful with agencies and modeling opportunities. The agency websites I did come across didn't look very professional in appearance and one of the websites didn't work. The others were for modeling schools, which I don't recommend because they tend to be expensive and can't guarantee that you'll be successful.

If Cyprus proves to not be a solid market for modeling, your options will be limited since you have to be within at least a 2 hour's drive from where the agencies are located. Teen and commercial/print models don't tend to relocate for modeling since the majority of their work is local so unless you grow to runway/fashion height, you'll have to seek what modeling opportunities are close to you.

I wish I had better news for you in that regard but wait until you get to Cyprus, if you aren't there already, and get familiar with the area. Ask around to see if there are agencies there or nearby and see what you come across.

Best of luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035