Answering a Reader Question #850

A Wrote:

Hi, i am a 15 year old girl. I am 5'11 and my measurments are 32-24.5-35 and i was wondering if i had a shot i nmodeling. I am a little bit insecure becuse my fullest part of my thighs are 20 inches. I am skinny is just that my thigs are a little bigger than my upper body.

-A

Hey, A!

Given your height and measurements, I think you'd be great for modeling. Your hips are the max and your waist is just under the max, too (25"), so you'd still be ideal for an agency to represent you for fashion and runway.

As far as your thighs, that topic has always been hotly debated in the industry. Ultimately, it boils down to an agency's preference and that of the designers/clients you'd be working with. The average model that is 5'9" and taller has a thigh measurement range of 16"-19". Is that absolute and mandatory? NO. The UK market is the strictest (so I've heard) when it comes to the thighs and they prefer their runway models' thighs to be super skinny.

However, I don't believe the US market is as stringent. A model's thigh measurement alone doesn't dictate whether she will be a successful, marketable model. Height, weight and overall measurements do. So don't focus on your thighs alone and think that it will automatically put you out of the running because that isn't true.

The bottom line: you've got what it takes, numbers-wise, so get those snapshots together and start submitting to local agencies and attending open calls. That's the only way you'll know.

Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035