Answering a Reader Question #849

Aly Wrote:

Hi Dania :) 
I'm Aly. and im 15 years old im skinny and my height is around 5,4 or 5,5. I really want to be a model its been my passion since i was child. And I want start modelling but I one ptoblem. My teeth aren't very straight and I need to put braces in ither to make them straight, but it will take at least 2 to 3 years. but in that time i will already be 18 and can't do modelling especially in VS which I would love to. But then my teeth is not very nice. What should I do? please diana I'll really appreciate if you answer. =)

Hi there, Aly!

Having nice teeth is pretty important, especially in modeling, so get those braces on now and ensure that you'll have a picture perfect smile by the time they come off. I know it'll be hard but even though you'll be 18 by the time they come off, you'll still be young enough to be considered by modeling agencies. You have to be 18 to even be considered for VS so you'd be fine in that respect.

There is always the option of finding an agency to sign with while you have your braces on. While modeling with braces can be limiting in terms of opportunities, if an agency really likes your look, they may still consider working with you for the simple fact that your braces will be on for a while. That means they don't have to worry about redoing all your headshots, comp cards, portfolio, etc. for a couple more years.

There is no rule saying you can't model with braces so it's a matter of researching local agencies and submitting to them with your braces and seeing if anyone is interested in signing you. You could find yourself in a situation where an agency says to resubmit after your braces come off. So you'll want to start seeing what is out there right now and the feedback you get to give you an idea of what will your options will be when your braces are removed.

So be patient and know that when you get your new smile, the wait will be worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035