Answering a Reader Question #843

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania. I am 21 years old and always wanted to model. Recently I have gained some weight and became a US 6. I used to be 0-2 (and I am naturally supposed to be thin) but due to stress and school gained a bit. I am on track to shaping up. I was wondering, do you still think I should send photos to agencies? I was self conscious that they would write me off right away, but now I'm thinking that I should still try? Thanks!

Hey there, Anonymous,

I always recommend submitting to agencies when you feel 110% confident in yourself. Any kind of self doubt or self consciousness and it will show in your snapshots and/or when you attend open calls.

But at the same time, there is nothing wrong with going to open calls to see if you get any feedback from the agencies related to your weight/measurements. That can be an effective way to give yourself a starting point, especially since you'd be hearing the feedback straight from the horse's mouth.

If you feel good about submitting right now, then definitely do that and see what results you get and then you can plan accordingly from there. You can always resubmit in the near future and by talking with the agencies first and hearing what they have to say, you'd be able to avoid taking a shot in the dark as to what you should work on, if anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035