Answering a Reader Question #597

Lexi Wrote:

Hi, if I want to model what's the max hips agencies would accept for fashion/runway/editorial? Because I'm 5'8 and 16 so hopefully still growing but my measurements are 34-26-38 and I wouldn't be able to slim my hips down more because it's my bone that's big, though I'm between the sizes 2-4 US and Tyra Banks is a size 4. Do you think agencies would turn me away?
Thanks so much!


Hey, Lexi!

The maximum hip measurement agencies would accept for those categories of modeling is 35 inches. The preferred measurements are 34-24-34 and while you can be smaller, you can't be larger than 1 inch in any or all of those areas. That means you'd need to get your waist down to at least 25 inches as well.

I definitely understand what you're saying about it being difficult to slim down the hip measurement because it is bone. Although you are small size-wise, I don't know that agencies would be able to take you on simply because your current hip size wouldn't work with the sample sizes designers use.

However, the best way to get a final answer on the matter is to attend open calls and see what feedback the agencies have. While I can tell you that it will be hard to find an agency that will accept you with a 38 inch waist, sometimes it helps to hear it from the agencies themselves. You never know, you might come across an agency that would be willing to work with you but regardless, it's good to be prepared for either outcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035