Answering a Reader Question #595

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, I'm 18 yrs old and I've always wanted to model but I've large hips and big bum with strech marks to make it worse, I've lost hope but I'm scared no wants to hire me ...and time grows by I'm adding weight 

Hi, Anonymous!

I don't know your height or measurements so I don't know if you're hoping to pursue fashion/runway or commercial/print. If fashion and runway is your goal, having large hips can be a hindrance and might not be a possibility for you as far as seeking an agency to represent you.

But if you're the ideal height for commercial/print (5'5"-5'7") then you don't have to worry as much. Print agencies are more flexible with its models and mainly care that the models look healthy and are proportional. Also, print models don't show a lot of skin so chances are you won't have to be concerned about your stretch marks being really visible.

It's important that you maintain a healthy weight and not allow your feelings to set you back in that respect. Becoming a model is all about having that strong sense of confidence. Take obstacles as they come and tackle them in a smart way. Find out what category of modeling you qualify for, look up the websites for agencies that are within a 2 hour's drive from where you live and find out what they're looking for and how to submit. All the answers are on the website so use that as your blueprint.

In the meantime, eat right, exercise and improve the way you perceive yourself. Believing in yourself and not losing hope makes all the difference in the results you'll get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035