Answering a Reader Question #585

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi I'm 15 an I've been interested in modelling. I'm 5'7 but I look taller then my height. My measurements are 34-27-31 but I'm trying to slim down in the waist a bit. I'm also half black and half white which supposedly makes me appear more exotic haha. Do I even have a shot in the industry? Or should I just look into another field of fashion/modelling? Be completely honest! :) Thanks so much 

Hey, Anonymous!

Some fashion agencies lower the minimum height requirement for models ages 14-16 to 5'7" if they know there's a chance the model will get taller as they get older. So your plan A should be to look into fashion agencies that have this exception listed on their website. For the ones that don't, submit anyway to see what happens--if they feel you have an exceptional overall look, then they won't mind that one inch.

However, you'll want to wait until you can get your waist down to a 25 (in a healthy way, of course) before sending in your snapshots or going to open calls. Even if they were interested in you now, they wouldn't be able to work with you with a 27 inch waist and would likely tell you to come back at a later date when you've slimmed down a bit.

Should you do all that and not receive any interest or response, then the Plan B would be to submit to commercial/print agencies, which you are the ideal height for...plus, they aren't strict about measurements. They only care that you are healthy in appearance and proportional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035