Answering a Reader Question #593

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, I know a girl that has been modeling a long time now and she told me that her contract has her getting six figures to a million but she doesn't get it til the end of her contract which has been extended to over a year. Is that true?? You do not receive anything til the end of your contract?? Thanks

Hi, Anonymous!

I can't claim to have seen or know about every single type of modeling contract out there but I've never heard of such an arrangement. The closest thing I can think of is a modeling contract that's been awarded to someone who wins a modeling contest or something similar like what's offered when you win ANTM.

I won't go so far as to say that your friend is lying because there could be agencies that use this type of contract but in my experience, it's super rare. Models with traditional contracts through agencies get paid after each job they book. It may take a few days or a few weeks for them to receive the payment but they get paid as they complete each assignment. Agencies don't just hold on to that money and then give it all to the model at the end of the contract.

I hope your friend is in a legitimate situation but honestly, it sounds like whoever she has this contract with, is holding out on paying her and finding any reason to avoid it. The fact that they extended the contract for an additional year is also suspicious to me and it pretty much means she'll go even longer without receiving any compensation.

It sounds fishy to me. I don't know many models--including myself--who would agree to sign any kind of contract like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035