Answering a Reader Question #664

Lexa Wrote:

Hi Dania, which hip measurements do agencies want when asking for bust/waist/hip? Is it the lower hip or the high hip? Because if I measure about 8 inches below my natural waist line and then my lower hip then there's a 2 inch difference. So if I want to send my measurements, which one should I send?
And I'm 172cm, which is between 5'7.5" and 5'8, I'm 17 so hopefully still growing, but what should I put in for height?
Thank you so much!


Hi, Lexa!

It's best to measure your lower hip and submit that number for your stats to agencies. A common mistake is taking measurements too high up on the hip. The ideal area to target is the widest part of the hips just above your butt.

When it comes to height, if you put 5'8" just know that agencies who are interested will measure you to verify that the stats you've provided are accurate. If you're not a true 5'8" when measured in bare feet without wearing shoes, I think it will be better to list your more accurate height.

Because it's such a small difference, there is a chance that agencies will round you up to 5'8" if they choose to represent you, especially if you have a great look that is marketable.

Comments

  1. Hello! I am 5'9 and my bust and waist fit within the model range. However my hips are the problem area. I unfortunately have large hips. My current measurements are 32-25-37. I have wanted to be a model ever since I was a little girl and recently joined a gym as I am 16 and want to start getting serious. Do you know how I can get my measurements down for my waist? I am not sure what I should do because most internet sources only talk about getting a larger behind not a smaller one. Thank you for your help!!! I really appreciate it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #882," which can be found on this same site. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035