Answering a Reader Question #657

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, I'm a random blogger that was just looking up older age models on google. I have always been interested, but scared of the regection....first time you've heard that I'm sure, ha. But if there is some hope for a youngish woman to come across a modeling position with no commercial experience/acting and still have a position available, than I hope that I can assist. 

Hi, Anonymous!

Fear of rejection is completely normal, especially for aspiring models who are no longer in their teens. However, I don't know any of your stats or information to get an idea of where you'd fit in (age, location, height).

Depending on how old you are, where you live and what your height is, I'm sure there is someplace in the modeling world for you, even just starting off without experience. Generally speaking, models who are 25 years of age or older qualify for what is known as "lifestyle modeling," which is a sub-division of commercial/print modeling.

Some agencies use the two terms interchangeably but the great thing about commercial/print and lifestyle modeling is that age doesn't matter. You don't have to maintain a size 0 or worry about weight necessarily. All print agencies care about is that you are healthy in appearance and proportional. Clients are always looking for print/lifestyle models in their 20s, 30s, 40s and even much older of all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.

If you could provide me with more details about yourself, maybe I can help you find your niche and point you in the right direction to see if modeling is really something you want to look into seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035