Answering a Reader Question #547

Isabelle Wrote:

A question!
Hello Dania, and thank you for this blog :)
I was at an open casting for an agency, and they seemed really interested. A couple of weeks later, I was there and took some more photos. Then they said they wanted to do a test shoot and decide if they wanted me or not :)
This was about a month ago, I called today and found out that my 'contact person' had been replaced...so the new one asked me to come by next week...and I'm worried!
What do you think will happen? I'm worried they'll change their mind about the test shoot. Should I expect them to take more pictures? What should I wear, what should I bring??
I'm just very confused, and you were the only person I could think about asking...
(oh, and by the way, I'm a girl fron Sweden, 15 years old, 5'10, my measurements are 31-24-35)

Thank you :)
Hope you understood my questions :P


Hey, Isabelle!

Just because the person you originally worked with has been replaced, that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad for you. It's good you checked in and that they invited you back next week. They could easily have said they weren't interested. So if I were you, I wouldn't be worried at this point.

I can't say for sure what will happen but as far as what to wear and bring, those are questions you need to ask the new contact you have at the agency. Since you've already had previous contact with them, it's perfectly acceptable to call back and ask to speak with the new contact person in order to find out what you need to be prepared next week. They'll be perfectly happy to answer your questions so don't be afraid of them. :-)

Since you've made it this far, I think you have just as good a shot at representation as anybody else so stay confident, find out the info you need to perform well next week and give it all you've got! Best of luck to you!

Comments

  1. I have a question. Can modeling affect your relationships with your friends, especially freelance modeling? When I was doing freelance modeling for a while, my dad and even my brother accused me of lying and cheating my friends, especially since I was doing it in Atlanta, GA, where I live, and said that the people I was working with had influenced me to betray them and disrespect them. And the next thing, when they saw some of my modeling photos, including the decent ones, they called me nasty names. Do they have a reason to be like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #548." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035