Answering a Reader Question #540

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Diana,
I've heard my manager talk about every model needs to have a "model bag" ad I don't know what I need in this bag. What do you think needs to be put into it?


Hi, Anonymous!

What goes in a model bag differs from model to model. There is no exact definition of this item, although it should contain important things that could come in handy, such as your own makeup products, different colors and types of undergarments (strapless bras, thongs/panties, etc.) in case the ones you're wearing aren't right for the clothes you'd be wearing, beauty items like hair brushes, a compact mirror, lotion, etc. Other things also include but aren't limited to your portfolio book, copies of your headshot/comp cards and extra shoes.

Since your manager is the one that brought it up, you should ask him/her what they would recommend to include in yours. It's perfectly fine to ask such questions...anytime you don't understand something or need clarification, make sure you ask your manager/agent. That's what they are there for. They don't expect you to know everything so make sure you find out what your manager specifically wants you to bring and you'll be just fine.

Comments

  1. Hi dania,
    My name is Ruth and I'm from Ireland. I'm 5'9", 120lbs and my stats are 33-24-34. I've been extremely interested in becoming a Victoria's Secret model for the past few years. I'm 17. I know the best two agencies to go for are Ford and Elite in New York, but they are very far away. I will still try to apply for them, but I know there is stiff competition. Would you recommend applying to agencies in London, UK too? And would the agencies in Dublin be a good starting point? Also, I know the ideal weight for models is 100-115 lbs, should I try to lose some weight before applying? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ruth! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #541." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035