Answering a Reader Question #546

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello,
This comment has little to do with the post but I figured I should ask the question on here since it is eyebrow related. I was wondering how big of a deal are eyebrows truly in the modeling industry. I'm a 15 year old aspiring model (I posted another comment on the VS model one not too long ago). I was born with naturally thick eyebrows. I feel like they make me more high fashion but I am debating whether or not I should get them threaded or waxed so they will be like everyone else's. Are eyebrows a big deal? Are certain types of eyebrows preferred in different areas of modeling? Will my eyebrows hurt or help my chances? At the moment I am not allowed to change them but I wanted to know for future reference. Thanks so much & I love your blog!


Hi, Anonymous!

I'm happy you love my blog...I love that you're one of my readers! :-D

Eyebrows alone don't make or break a model's potential career in any category, since it's something that can be easily fixed, if necessary. Truth be told, thick eyebrows are back in style now--slowly but surely the skinny brows are starting to disappear.

In your case, I would suggest keeping them thick but if you have stray hairs/stragglers that make your brows look unruly, then you should definitely look into getting them waxed or threaded, when you're allowed to. When seeking this service, make sure to tell the esthetician that you want to keep the brows thick but just need them "cleaned up" and shaped properly. They'll know exactly what to do if you tell them that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035