Answering a Reader Question #545

Jameson Wrote:

Hi, I live in NY and I am not signed and I don't have any experience...fashion week is coming up. So should I go to the shows to be scouted? There are so many people from the industry out n about soon, I feel like this is a big opportunity I can't waste. Thanks 

Hey, Jameson!

Since it would be difficult to gain representation and all the materials you'd need by the time Fashion Week comes around, I think it would be a great idea to network your butt off at the event. I would recommend having a good ole fashioned business card on hand with your photo, name and--obviously--contact info.

You shouldn't worry about getting comp cards or putting together a portfolio, however. If you do get scouted, you'd be invited to a casting call or interview at a later date and time and when that happens, your next steps should be to take quality digital snapshots to print out and bring with you.

Just in case, below are sample male model snapshots you can use for reference...I hope I'm correct in assuming that you're a guy based on your name, lol:

I hope everything works out for you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035