Answering a Reader Question #537

Quinn Clemonte Wrote:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*hi I am 14 I am 6'2 I weigh 135-140 34-30-36 I honestly have big hips but also honestly i am soooo tall that I don’t think you notice because I’m soooo stretched out!!!! i dance 5-6 hours 5 days a week im very fit with lean muscle (not a body builder!!!) I have long blonde hair , bluish green eyes really really really long legs long but not really long torso. I am willing to do any modeling. I have done a few wedding dress and bridesmaid shows with a bridal company. and with dancing i am really comfortable with being on stage.... is there anything out there for me !!! please tell me yes!!!!i really need help in knowing if i can pursue and strive in this career I will not tell you exactly where I live but it’s out there and there aren’t any close agencies with in like 300-400miles!!!! So I don’t get an opportunity to see if agents and casters like my body. Basically I’m just asking if there is anything out there or models like me that hold a good job!? thanks
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 


Hi, Quinn!

Unfortunately, at 6'2" you are much taller than what agencies set their requirements at. The maximum height requirement agencies set is 6'0" for women. It is possible to be "too tall" for modeling not just because your body proportions wouldn't fit the designer sample sizes but because you'd end up being taller than most of the male models you'd be working with, especially since you'd be wearing high heels, making you even taller.

Additionally, your measurements are larger than what the industry standard is. Your bust is fine, but you'd have to get your waist down to 25 inches, which is the max that agencies allow. Your hips would also have to get down to 35 inches. But since you have a dancer's body, I don't know that it would be realistically possible (or healthy) to change your body type and I personally don't think you should. Dancers have amazing bodies!

However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't still continue trying to pursue modeling to see how far you can get. I don't know if an agency would be able to represent you but never say never, right? But if you do still want to go for it, you'd ultimately have to relocate since you live so far. When you're not around the action, you have to go to it...it won't come to you.

So if you really want to model, it will take a lot of serious commitment and sacrifice (such as relocating). Although I said you're too tall for agencies, it is important that you hear that from the agencies themselves. That being said, I would recommend getting some good quality non professional, digital snapshots and sending them to agencies in larger markets. And if they happen to like you (height and all) and invite you to an interview, you must be willing to make the effort to get there. That includes paying your way to and from since agencies don't cover these costs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035