Answering a Reader Question #541

Ruth Wrote:

Hi dania,
My name is Ruth and I'm from Ireland. I'm 5'9", 120lbs and my stats are 33-24-34. I've been extremely interested in becoming a Victoria's Secret model for the past few years. I'm 17. I know the best two agencies to go for are Ford and Elite in New York, but they are very far away. I will still try to apply for them, but I know there is stiff competition. Would you recommend applying to agencies in London, UK too? And would the agencies in Dublin be a good starting point? Also, I know the ideal weight for models is 100-115 lbs, should I try to lose some weight before applying? Thank you so much! 


Hey there, Ruth!

Yes, I would recommend submitting to other agencies in larger markets as well as those local to you. There's nothing wrong with gaining previous modeling experience through a different agency and it could work in your favor until such an opportunity presents itself that will allow you to submit to agencies in New York. And of course try your luck at submitting snapshots to Elite and Ford in New York just to cover all your bases.

Depending on what agency you sign with and the strength of their connections, there could be the possibility of having your agent book you for modeling work in different countries, including the USA and the UK. So definitely try to get agency representation to get your get feet wet and build your portfolio. Then see where it goes from there. The more gigs you book and the more traveling you get to do, it will more than likely put you in a better position to try modeling in New York once an opportunity comes up.

Actually, 125 lbs is the max for weight so at your current weight, you're totally fine. Plus your measurements are good, too, along with your height so at this time don't worry about trying to lose weight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035