Answering a Reader Question #486

Olivia Wrote:

Hi I am Olivia and I live in Wisconsin I would love to be a model for justice but my smile isn't great. What do I do?

And...

Hi I'm Olivia I live in Wisconsin I would love to be a model for justice what do I do!?!

Hey, Olivia!

I don't know what you mean specifically by your smile not being great. Do you mean your teeth aren't as nice as you'd like them to be? Do you have a hard time smiling in photos and being photogenic? If you're concerned about the way your teeth look, then you might want to consider getting braces.

You live far from Ohio, which is where Justice is based out of. To be considered, you'd have to be signed to a modeling agency that has worked with Justice before. An online search will show you which modeling agencies are in Wisconsin. From there, check out their websites, which will tell you if they represent teen models and it will also have information on how to submit yourself for possible representation.

Comments

  1. Hi I'm a model with agency representation. I want to test again for my book however, I don't want to go through the agency photographer again since it was quite expensive $1420 total. I would prefer to not go through model mayhem since I personally haven't had great luck on there. I want someone who is experienced and knows how to shoot for the market I am in. I need to find a quality photographer in NYC who shoots commercial print/lifestyle images for my book. I want to continue shooting to get more experience since I am a new model as well. Where would you suggest I find a photographer I have called other agencies asking for a referral but they wouldn't give it to me since I am not represented by them. I would prefer to pay no more than say $900.00 which would include hair, makeup, styling and editing of the pics. Is this unreasonable I just want to test again with quality photographers. Do you have a list you could recommend for the NYC market? Please help. Oh and I have another question. I personally feel my look is outdated and no longer marketable. I feel the natural movement among African women is dying down and I personally want to straighten my hair. The major reason I went natural was to get a agency but now I don't care to have natural hair anymore. Should I consider a weave? How do you care for your hair I'm sure with all the styling and heat you must give it extra TLC in your spare time. I def. don't want to perm it just press it out every few wks. I am just really bored with my hair too. I feel this could be part of the reason I am not getting anything with my agency yet. Could you please look at my online portfolio and let me know what I could do to change my look.
    http://nymmg.com/eportfolio.cfm?mid=124302. How should I approach my agency about changing my look. I kinda want bangs I think that would be really fun. I just feel clients would be able to do more with me if I straightened my hair. Plus I feel when testing with photographers they would be able to do more styles if my hair were straight. I would like to figure out a new look (assuming my agency approves it) before I test again to build a portfolio. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answers to your questions in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #489." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035