Answering a Reader Question #482

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi! You may have answered this before and if you have, sorry for asking again. But, what do you use to keep your face clear? I've been using proactiv but lately it seems to not be working as well, so I'm looking for something new and your skin is so clear, I figured asking you was a good idea :)

Hi, Anonymous!

I do have to thank you for the kind words about my complexion. Having battled eczema and skin discoloration my whole life (I still do), I get thrown off whenever someone compliments me about my face/skin, so thank you! Of course Photoshop helps, too, haha.

For the last 4+ years I have been faithfully using the Clinique 3-Step system. I use the 3-Step cleanser, mild formula, which is for normal and combination skin (I have combination skin type) and the 3-Step Toner/Astringent. However, I do not use the moisturizer that goes with the rest of the 3-Step system...I use Pond's Moisturizer Dry Skin Cream.

I've never had acne prone skin so I haven't had to use Proactiv but I would recommend talking to your dermatologist (if you have one) about the possibility of trying something new. I don't know how long you've been using Proactiv but it sounds like it worked for you in the past. But there's nothing wrong with trying something different. Just make sure you get sample sizes instead of paying for new products, that way you can at least try it for free and if you don't like it, then there's no money lost.

Clinique has a line of products for acne prone skin types so it's worth stopping by your nearest Clinique counter and asking for free samples if they have any. Like I said, I probably don't have the same skin type as you but I've never had any problems with the Clinique skin care line. Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035