Answering a Reader Question #475

Ashley Wrote:

Hi! I didn't know where to put this so I thought putting it here would be ok... So I was wondering, sorry these are multiple questions—I have bangs and I look petty bad without them (relatively large forehead), I'd like to send in an application to ford in Miami and a couple others (I'm 13 BTW) but they want the pictures without any hair in your face, of course I'm going to do that but I don't want them to be like "eww, NEXT!" or something.... Also if i were to get signed would they, like, immediately just like throw me head first into the buisness( not literally of course)? I'm inexpirenced... Also what about open calls? I have an idea of what to wear but one you go in what happens? You were with FORD so maybe you could offer some insight? And lastly I had read that you said you were going to create a YouTube account? Thanks sorry for so many questions
-Ashley


Hey, Ashley!

No worries about the questions...it's what I do! :-)

Let's tackle them one at a time...

There are a good number of models, including supermodels, that have large foreheads and have learned to embrace it so while I am sure you'd rather hide behind your bangs, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Be confident while taking your snapshots and you'll interest an agency, even if your bangs are pulled away from your face. Just make sure the person taking your snapshots is holding the camera at the same level as your face and shoots you straight on directly. If they're taller or shorter than you and point the camera up or down according to their own height, it will catch a bad angle, which will make your forehead photograph in an unflattering way so keep that in mind.

Agencies work with inexperienced models all the time. They won't throw you to the wolves right away. The first step is for them to sit down with you and explain the way they want to market you and what the next steps will be. They'll guide you in setting up your first test shoot with a photographer. It is from that test shoot that your first portfolio, headshot and comp card images will be created. During the test shoot the photographer will work with you. Many models don't realize that the best training is hands-on in the actual shoot itself. So you'll get a chance to get your feet wet with the test shoots before the agency starts sending you out for castings and go-sees.

Here are two links to blog posts I've done specifically about open calls and what to expect. Check it out to get a better idea of what happens during this type of event:

Casting Calls

Tips for Attending Open Calls 

I did set up my own YouTube channel. If you go to YouTube and enter "Dania Denise" my channel should pop up in the results but if not, here is a link that should take you right to it:

Dania Denise YouTube Channel 

I haven't added a lot of new content recently but I hope to soon as I get the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035