Answering a Reader Question #405

Anonymous Wrote:


i have 16 years and my height is 175cm, weight 54kg and i have white stretch marks...i think i got them like 3 or 4 years ago and they weren't noticeable till now..i have them on my butt and i have some on my knee but they don't have any color they are like lines.. now i started to use some products for stratch marks ..and i want to know is it possible to disappear??? i will try everything it doesn't matter how it cost . please help me!

Hey there, Anonymous! Stretch marks never (sadly) just disappear 100%. As a beauty and healthcare writer, I've written and researched this topic a lot over the years. At most, the best you can do is treat the stretch marks to make them appear less noticeable.

Trust me, if there was a way to make them completely disappear, I would have mentioned that info in my blog post about the subject. Topical products like the kind you mentioned don't make them disappear...they merely cause them to lighten or fade a little bit. Because it is topical (applied to the surface of the skin), it doesn't have the power to penetrate deeply enough to actually target the marks themselves (stretch marks occur in the dermis, which is the middle layer of the skin so it's pretty deep).

You can tell when stretch marks have been there for years because of how light in color they are. Since you said yours are white, that means they've been there for some time and will be more difficult to treat.

Since you seem willing to go the length to try and find a solution, the best thing I can recommend for you is to do a consultation with a doctor that specializes in laser surgery for stretch marks. During the consultation, the doctor will examine the areas you're concerned about and will tell you right away whether or not such a treatment would work.

Comments

  1. Hi Dania, how soon after signing with an agency can one expect to go on castings. I'm curious because I'm a new model and I signed with an agency in NYC 3 months ago and materials like pics started coming in this month and my online portfolio is done, and I'm waiting on the pics for two pictures in my hard copy portfolio to be done. Also my comp cards should be here in a month. I'm just wondering I'm also signed to their commercial/lifestyle and acting division. I'm curious what's the normal waiting period and what is too long where I should be concerned about them putting an effort to really market me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #407," which can be found on my new blog: "Modeling 101 - Answering Readers Questions."

    Please visit this link: http://amodelsdiary-readerquestions.blogspot.com/ and you can view your post there. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035