Answering a Reader Question #401

Anonymous Wrote:


Hi Dania, I have a question. I'm really frustrated with my body. I'm thin/toned everywhere but my back. It's like my body won't release the fat there. It's like I have small pockets of fat behind my breast on my upper back. My arms are thin. Anyway it's annoying because I exercise and try to eat healthy most of the time. Plus I'm not over weight and my measurements are small. I'm 5'4'' 124lbs and 31d,25,35 and I wear size small shirts. I also do exercises that focus on my back as well. I realize I'm a commercial print model so it won't matter too much but my back fat really bothers me. I'm nervous too because my agency requires all models regardless of division to bring bikini's to castings and I would feel super self conscious if I had to show my back to a casting director. I'm just irritated with my body. 

Hi, Anonymous! I'm sorry that you're having those kind of body issues. That is a tough area of the body to remove fat from and it does sound like you're doing everything you can to remedy it.

Have you talked to your agent about your concerns? Maybe getting some feedback from them about the matter could help relieve some of your stress. If they aren't too concerned about it and can reassure you that you'll be okay going to castings, even if you have to bring a bikini, it could decrease the amount of attention you're giving to it currently.


While I can't say that it's easy to just not focus on it, I will say that it is vital that you learn how to cope with it and work with it to the best of your ability. Too much negative attention on it will severely impact your self confidence, which will carry over into your behavior and how you carry/conduct yourself during castings and on shoots. Definitely don't let this issue get to that point.


I don't recommend extremes like plastic surgery but maybe you could talk to your doctor about it and see what additional options could be explored or other remedies they may recommend that you might not have tried yet and see what happens.

Comments

  1. Dania thank you so much for answering my question. I'm the one who wrote about her back fat. I also have a scar on my back and yes my agency knows. I doubt they'll send me on castings where I would have to show my back due to that. The back fat issues is a irritant for me and my self esteem. What also is really frustrating is I tried on bikini's today and I'm a small on top and a medium/large on the bottom so that's irritating considering that bathing suits are cut smaller anyway. It's annoying what part of your body are you insecure about (not your face just your body please). How do you cope with it and do you exercise that part more to make it look better? Lastly what would you recommend for tummy bloating. My bloating goes from day to day when I'm not bloated my tummy is pretty darn flat but when I am bloated I look pregnant. I know it's bloating because I can literally feel my tummy fill with air like literally and I don't know what triggers it. Anyway what would you suggest for that especially since I have to be in a bikini soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! Self esteem issues because of our bodies is something that all models deal with, even the supermodels that we think are so perfect.

    I don't have body issues like yours where it's something that I would treat with exercise but I've always had an issue with my eczema, which affects my entire body. It was very bad when I was young and it's gotten somewhat better as I've gotten older. But I have the genetic kind that I got from my dad so there's no cure for it to go away and I won't grow out of it like some other people I've known that had eczema.

    At best, I'm able to keep it manageable by maintaining a diligent skin care routine with the right products and to treat my eczema attacks as soon as they happen. However, there are times when it'll get so bad that I'll have to turn down work and castings because putting makeup or anything on it will only make it worse.

    I also have stretch marks all over my butt. They're very old stretch marks and the kind that can't be removed through any topical products and laser treatments don't guarantee great results either. The only thing I have working in my favor is that they're the light colored kind and not the icky purple-reddish type. Since there isn't really anything I can do about the stretch marks I just flaunt them anyway and just act like they're not there. I put it in my mind that I need to carry myself as if I don't have them and so far it's worked.

    As far as your stomach bloating, below is a link that I found that provides a lot of info and solutions, that could be of use to you:

    http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/advice/bloating.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeously honest and great inspiration!
      I also had eczema all my life (under control now), and starting to model, so all is possible!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the comment, Anonymous! It's always good to know there are others out there dealing with conditions like eczema who refuse to let it dictate what they can and cannot do, especially when it comes to modeling.

      Keep it up!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035